Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Best day ever.

Jason and I took an educational trip to Dublin's Zoological Gardens this week. We were there to learn, not to be massive disgraces like most of the children we saw. Cop on guys, let's have a bit of maturity here.
Anyway, let's just bust some myths here.
The penguins were absolute arseholes. I had no time for them. We also went to the sealion feeding, which sounds like it would be fun, but in reality was just these people making sealions do the same jump about twenty times. I can watch my dog jump at home. I didn't pay 12.50 to watch something jump repeatedly for fish.
But it has to be said, Dublin Zoo's biggest failure is City Farm. Now, I'm from a farming background, but even if you aren't, this mess of an exhibit is a total waste of time. Again, I did not pay 12.50 to see cats. Seriously. Cats.



Jason's house has literally seventy cats. I would go there for free if I wanted to see cats.



As you can see from Jason's expression, City Farm is a horrible mess and a waste of time. So we headed to the reptile house. It smelled kind of funny.
There were some great animals there too. The general consensus was that the best animal we saw was the Red Panda, or Fox Lemur as Jason christened it.



All I can say is, best animal ever. The spider monkeys were the cutest animals ever. When we arrived they were all asleep and adorable. I want one now, but only if it's house trained and doesn't throw shit at me.



Adorable. Other highlights included the gorillas and the African Plains. Plus it was so warm it kinda felt like Africa. Sort of... Although Jason and I both got sunburned, Jason worse than me, so that's alright. All I can really say about our day to the zoo is that it was amazing. The only negatives were the children, the penguins, the sealions and City Farm. Seriously, City Farm. All I can say is WTF.
But apart from all of these things it really was the best day ever. We bought cute plushies in the gift shop. I got a zebra called Boogles and Jason got a monkey called Allegra.



Lovely. I would highly recommend Dublin Zoo, even if just for the hilarious signs. This one is my favourite.



Bit melodramatic. Next time I go back it'll be with a massive backpack for the Red Panda. Happy Birthday Jason!

No comments:

Post a Comment